27th Ghana Music Teachers' Association (GMTA) Annual National Conference
Ghana Music Teachers' Association (GMTA) In conjunction with Centre for Research, Culture and Creative Arts (CeRCCA) presents
27th ANNUAL NATIONAL CONFERENCE
Venue: School of Creative Arts (SCA) building, Central Campus, University of Education, Winneba
Dates: Tuesday, 27th August, 2019 – Saturday, 31st August, 2019
The Opening Ceremony is scheduled as follows:
Date: Wednesday, 28th August, 2019
Theme: Transforming Ghana’s Educational System to Nurture Twenty-First Century Citizens: The Role of Creative Arts
- Transforming Ghana’s Education: KG-Primary- Jhs Curriculum
- Transforming Ghana’s Education: SHS Curriculum
- Transforming Ghana’s Education: ITE Curriculum
- Transforming Ghana’s Education: Standard-Based Theories And Methods
- Transforming Ghana’s Education: Restructuring GES Managerial Mechanism
Keynote Speaker: Professor Kwasi Opoku-Amankwa, Director General-GES
Chairman: Rev. Fr. Professor Anthony Afful-Broni, Vice-Chancellor, UEW, Winneba
Lead Paper Presentations:
- Professor Jophus Anamuah-Mensah, Educational Consultant, T-TEL; Director, NCRIBE, UEW.
- Dr. Prince H. Armah, Ag., Executive Secretary, (NaCCA)
- Professor Reginald T. Ocansey, Head of Physical Education & Sports Studies Department, College of Education, University of Ghana, Legon
Mr. Michael Nsowah, Educational Consultant, Chairman, GES Governing Council.
The Conference is open to the following Categories of Participants:
- Music and PE Lectures/Tutors- UCoE
- Music Masters- SHS
- Music Graduate teachers- Basic Schools
- Cultural Officers – Regional/Municipal/District
- Faculty & Students – Music Depts. Of Private/Public Universities (viz., UEW, UCC, UG, KNUST &MUCG)
Schedule of Programme:
- Tuesday, 27/08/2019 – Arrival
- Wednesday, 28/08/2019 – Opening Ceremony Time: 10:00am
- Thurs. & Fri. 29 – 30/08/2019 – Plenary-/ Workshops-/ Poster-/ sessions-/ and also Concert/Theater/ AGM & Dinner.
- Saturday, 31/08/2019 – Departure
Conference Fees – GH 205
Membership Dues – GH 60
Vetting Fee – GH 40
Participants must register before 20th August, 2019
Use the Steps Below
- Dial *170# on your mobile device
- Select (1) Transfer Money on the menu
- From Transfer Money, Select (1) MoMo user
- Enter the destination Mobile number as 0244932284
- Re-enter the destination mobile number as 0244932284
- Enter Amount – (Conference free GH 265.00)
- Enter Reference – (kindly indicate GMTA followed by your full name) e.g., (GMTA- EDWARD AUGUSTUS MENSAH)
- Enter your MoMo pin and send
Please your Transaction ID as it appears on your MoMo Transfer prompt to register online. This Transaction ID can only be obtained after you have successfully paid your Conference fee of GHC 265.00 through the MTN Mobile Account No. 02449332284 with registered name as Dr. Eva Ebeli.
Online Registration Link
Submission of Abstracts
Interested participants (Faculty & Postgraduate Students) should submit abstract of not more than 250 words, including keywords, in Times New Roma, point size 12 as an attachment to the following email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com or before August 5, 2019.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified and their abstracts published in the Conference book of abstracts.
- Rev. Michael Ohene-Okantah (GMTA President)
- Prof. Cosmas W. K Mereku (GMTA Secretary)
- Prof. Mrs. Mary P. Dzansi-McPalm (GMTA Member)
- Dr. Obed Emmanuel Acquah (GMTA Member)
- Dr. Patrick DeGraft Yankson (Host, Dean/ School of Creative Arts)
Accommodation and Feeding
Participants will have access to good hostels of various standards and students’ residential accommodation close to the venue of the Conference at affordable rate, ranging from GHC 30 to GHC 300.
Participants will have access to good food in private cafeteria around the Conference venue at affordable prices. However, snacks will be provided.
Possible lodging areas:
- GUSS Hostel
- UEW Students’ residence
- Ghana Hostels Ltd.
- Windy Lodge