UPDATE ON COVID-19 CASES IN UEW
Thu, 07/22/2021 - 20:59
For Immediate Release 22nd July, 2021
- In the light of the growing numbers of COVID-19 cases nationally, our attention has been drawn to misleading information alleging that the University of Education, Winneba (UEW), is experiencing a spike in COVID-19 cases and that as many as 300 cases have been recorded recently.
- We wish to categorically refute this false information in circulation.
- We have had one case involving a Level 300 student which has been miscommunicated as UEW having recorded 300 cases of COVID-19. It is noteworthy that this Level 300 student has been treated and discharged.
- The COVID-19 situation on campus is under control. We have experienced few cases of COVID-19, none of which is critical. The cases are responding very well to treatment and it is equally important to note that the COVID-19 taskforce is also actively working to ensure strict adherence to the safety protocols.
- This, notwithstanding, we wish to admonish members of the University community, in the light of the rising national cases, to take the necessary precautions and adhere strictly to the COVID-19 safety protocols.
Ag. DIRECTOR, UNIVERSITY HEALTH SERVICES
© 2022 University of Education, Winneba. Ghana