The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program is looking for interested applicants for 2016 and 2017. The program offers graduate studies (3-year PhD, 2-year MSc or MLitt, or 1-year postgraduate course MPhil, MBA) where financial costs are fully covered. The program awards around 90 new scholarships every year and has over 1,500 active alumni.
As they’ve only been able to award 5% of the scholarships to people based in Africa, they are looking for new ways to get the message out and encourage more Africans to apply.
The selection criteria includes intellectual ability, leadership capacity, and a commitment to improving the lives of others. The application deadline to be selected for October 2017 entry is 7 Dec 2016 – and likely a similar deadline for 2017/2018.
Below is some of the criteria
• All citizens are eligible except UK citizens
• Must gain admission to one of the following full-time graduate programs at Cambridge:
• PhD (three-year research)
• MSc or MLitt (two-year research)
• One-year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, MBA, Diploma – (taught/research)
• No age limit
Full details about the program and how to apply can be found at www.gatescambridge.org.